We offer Tans are Now Safe Airbrush Spray Tan services and Retail products.
Airbrush Spray Tan service $21.00
Tans are Now Safe provides the most natural and sexy looking spray tan using a proprietary solution and eliminating the health risk associated with tanning.
Each of our tan specialists received one on one professional training and support before being certified to perform our Airbrush Spray tan services.
1. How does it work? – TANS has it’s own proprietary solution exclusive to them that has the active ingredient DHA in it. DHA chemically works with the top, dead layer, of skin to turn it a golden brown color. It does this without penetrating the skin or getting into the blood stream which is why it is being recommended and deemed the safest way to tan by the WHO, Skin CancerAssoc., Cancer Society, and Dermatologists everywhere.
2. How do we know it is safe? – It was approved in the 1970’s by the FDA for cosmetic purposes. It is also their statement to avoid tanning beds and to avoid the natural sun for tanning… they say that the spray tan is the safest way to tan. The FDA feels safe enough to not regulate in any way but recommends that you cover your mucus membranes while being sprayed and not to inhale it. This is why we carry all types of protection for you to choose from such as cotton balls/masks for your nose, eye protection, Vaseline, and we recommend that you wear bottoms.
3. Doesn’t it turn you orange? Like some spray tan services? – Spray tanning has a long lasting stigma attached to it that has people still believing it is orange. The fact is… there is a LOT of orange spray tans still on the market. That is why TANS had their solution specifically made using only what they felt was good, leaving out the bad, to ensure a beautiful brown color for everyone.
4. Will it get me REALLY dark? – Spray Tanning is much the same as tanning outdoors in the natural sun. If you are one of the darkest people at the pool, you will be with the spray tan too. However if you are not, and you are naturally pale or not as tan, then you will have that same effect. HOWEVER, you will not need to be concerned with burning while trying. You can expect to get 2-3 shades darker than what you started with. Remember, there is no shade of orange better than ANY shade of brown! Your skin will react to DHA in its own unique way. Your color will be different than all others. It is based on the Amino Acids in your skin, as well, the PH levels. Different soaps, moisturizers, lotions can all make your spray tan different. What you put in to your body- what you eat, drink, medications etc. and what you don’t put in your body can also effect the way your TANS spray tan looks. Over all 2-3 shades darker is what you can expect.
5. Will it stain my clothes? – The TANS solution is an all natural and water based product and should come out of most all fabrics. However, TANS recommends that you do not get sprayed in any good clothing or wear any good clothing while wearing the bronzer. If you sleep while wearing the bronzer you will see the product transfer to your sheets and clothes that you sleep in, again this should wash out but you should take precautions as it is not guaranteed.
6. How does it look when it wears off? – The TANS spray tan solution has amazing color and fades great. At the end of the tan you will notice a small cracking effect where the new skin is coming through the old skin with the tan. Basically you are shedding your outer layer. At this time you will need to help it along by exfoliating with a sugar or salt scrub to get ready for your next spray tan appointment.
7. What happens if I get wet before the eight hours? – If you get wet before the DHA has time to do its job, you will go back to what you had before being sprayed. If it has been 4-8 hours you will have color but it will not be as dark as it is supposed to be. If you are spotted with water while say washing dishes or the rain, the results will be the same. If this happens you can call us within the first 12 hours and ask us to correct it.
8. What kind of training did we do for this? – TANS is the only company in the market that completely supports its licensees(us). They professionally certify all their spray tan technicians before being able to spray the public. Not only does TANS train on the technical side but they also train/educate us – and keep us informed- on all the industry information. TANS is committed to making sure that we are professionally equipped to give you, the client, the best spray tan possible!